Social Science -65811
Subject Teacher:Shahonewas Seraj Subarna(Instructor)
Subject Name : Social Science
Subject Code : 65811
To provide opportunity to acquire knowledge and understanding on :
• Importance of civics and its relationship with other social sciences
• The relationship of an individual with other individuals in a society
• Social organizations, state and government
• Rule of law, public opinion and political parties
• UNO and its roles
• The basic concepts and principles of economics and human endeavor in the economic system.
• The realities of Bangladesh economy and the current problems confronting the country.
• The role of Diploma Engineers in industries.
• Our motherland and its historical background
• Good citizenship through practicing our socio- economic culture
• Liberation war and its background
• Nationalism and life style of the nation
Civics and Social Sciences; Individual and Society; Nation and Nationality; Citizenship; state and
government; Law; Constitution; Government and its organs; public Opinion; Political Party; UNO
and its organs;
Scope and importance of Economics; Basic concepts of Economics- Utility, Wealth, Consumption,
Income wages, salary, value in use and savings; Production – meaning, nature, factors and laws;
Demand and Supply; market equilibrium, national income, Current economic problems of
Bangladesh; Role of Diploma Engineers in the economic development of Bangladesh; Occupations
and career planning; Engineering team.